Medical Malpractice Cases
Tips for Selecting a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical malpractice cases can be complex, long-term projects for a lawyer to undertake. For that reason medical malpractice lawyers select their cases very carefully.
- Does the lawyer handle medical malpractice cases? How long has the lawyer been practicing in this area?
- Check out the lawyer's reputation and skills. Ask other lawyers. Ask friends and associates if they are familiar with the lawyer.
- Does the lawyer belong to the American Association for Justice and the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, or other personal injury lawyer associations?
- Is the lawyer available for an immediate appointment? Does the lawyer have the time and resources to give you the attention you require?
- Review the lawyer's biography and areas of practice on the firm's website.
- Visit the website of the state bar association, or call them, to assure the lawyer is in good standing.
- Is the lawyer conveniently located to assist you? Does the lawyer have strong ties in your community?
- Can the law firm endure the cost of pursuing the case on a contingency basis?
- Does the lawyer seem to have an interest in representing you?
- Will the lawyer be handling your case personally?
- Are you comfortable with the lawyer?
Things to know:
- Estimates range from 90,000 to over 100,000 deaths per year result from medical malpractice
- A statute of limitations may apply, so contact a qualified medical malpractice lawyer quickly
- Others of the physician's patients may also be getting improper care. You may try to make contact with them.
- The care you receive should be documented to the best of your ability. Include timelines, dates, symptoms, physicians, conversations and treatments.
- You may wish to get a second opinion from another qualified physician.
Tags: Wayne County Indiana Medical Malpractice Attorney, Richmond Indiana Medical Malpractice Attorney, Medical Malpractice Lawyer Wayne County Indiana, Medical Malpractice Lawyer Richmond Indiana, Wayne County Indiana Attorneys, Richmond Indiana Attorneys, Lawyers Wayne County Indiana, Lawyers Richmond Indiana